07 January 2009

Tis a Puzzlement

Sometime back in my college days my friend Kyle warned me to never work on a puzzle with the guy I was dating because it would inevitably cause the relationship to fail. His logic was reasonable enough: I had dated many guys and worked on puzzles with many guys and I was still single. So I actually started to believe that maybe this was true and avoided puzzles for several years. Jump ahead five years and here I am married to a man who works on puzzles with me and still loves me. I think we've finally debunked Kyle's theory, as creative as it was.

Scott picked up a dozen or so puzzles at a yard sale one day and we've been trying to crank through them. We usually just keep one out for us to work on as we feel like it. Visitors even get roped in and can't help placing a piece or two when they stop by. We have now started a tradition of taking a picture of every puzzle we finish. This way we get to remember all of our hard work and we don't feel guilty about breaking it up, putting it back in the box, and perhaps even getting rid of it.

2 comments:

Katya said...

The puzzle on the bottom totally looks like a Charles Wysocki painting. (My family had puzzles of three of his other works, so I came to know them well.)

Scott said...

the middle one as well. We're big Wysocki fans in my family, so I had a bunch of them from before we got married.