17 June 2010

We live on Avenue Q


Scott and I drove to New Orleans last weekend to see the national tour of Avenue Q. It's basically a Sesame Street for adults, emphasis on the adult part. Here was our cast:
Looking at the playbill, I was a little nervous because so many of the cast members were either recent college grads or still in college. But they proved to be a very talented bunch and we laughed through most of the show, despite the total lack of theater etiquette displayed by the people of New Orleans. But I won't get on my soapbox about that.

Here we are standing outside the Mahalia Jackson Theatre before the show (apparently it was too much work to ask someone else to take a picture of the two of us together):
Aren't the fountains lovely?
What do you think of Scott with hair?

2 comments:

k said...

I am so jealous you got to see this! I have wanted to for a while now, after seeing them on late night somewhere (Jimmy Fallon?). I am glad to have a good review to go off of and maybe they will come to AZ.

Alyssa said...

To get a photo of both you, you need this: http://xshotpix.com

I LOVE mine and use it on my travels. I've decided it is a MUST have!
I hope you are doing well (and I love Avenue Q too!).